The short guide to Capital in the 21st Century
Can you give me Piketty’s argument in four bullet points?
- The ratio of wealth to income is rising in all developed countries.
- Absent extraordinary interventions, we should expect that trend to continue.
- If it continues, the future will look like the 19th century, where economic elites have predominantly inherited their wealth rather than working for it.
- The best solution would be a globally coordinated effort to tax wealth.
10:42 am • 23 April 2014 • 25 notes
Oh Nana, I’m back grilling tunes at Good Luck Bar this Thursday, April 17, charring up some choice cuts for you.
Come down and enjoy some:
- 70s AM Gold
- Classic Mod Rock
- Punk and Garage Noise
- Country Funk
- Uptempo Bop Jazz
- Grimy Delta Muck
- And other assorted tracks
Music starts at 10 with some tasty audio hors d’oeuvres.
Come down. Have a listen and a drink.
LET’S GROOVE TOMORROW
3:03 pm • 16 April 2014 • 9 notes
good luck bar
I’m pretty sure I could pass all six tests right now.
10:47 am • 15 April 2014 • 2 notes